Introduction to Zen Planner Reporting
Zen Planner's reporting capabilities are some of the most robust aspects of the software. Effective reporting allows for valuable insight into the business, which in turn can lead to better decision-making. The goal of this document is to help users understand the basic use of Zen Planner's reporting capabilities.
- Zen Planner defaults to the Dashboard - My Statistics page upon login. The Dashboard consists of pre-built and commonly-used reports.
- To customize which reports show up on the Zen Planner Dashboard, click "Customize" on the top right of the screen. This will send the user to the Customize Page.
- The tabs at the top of the Customize Page give the user a list of 80 pre-built dashboard reports to select from based on preference.
- Check the boxes left of the report title to populate the chosen report on the Dashboard.
- Certain dashboard reports also allow the user to health score the business. Color coordinating for health scoring is done by setting goals/ viewing trouble areas and is found to the right of the report title on the Customize Page.
* Important Notes
- The Zen Planner Dashboard reports are pre-built. While the Dashboard can be customized to include any combination of reports from the Customize Page, users are not able to create custom reports to place on the Dashboard in the same format.
- Once a report is selected from the Dashboard, users are able to adjust/edit the fields to filter the presented data. If the report is adjusted and then saved, the saved changes will not reflect on the dashboard summary. Instead, the report will be treated as a new Custom Report and found under its selected category in the Saved Reports menu.
- From your Dashboard, click "+ New Report." A window will pop up with a list of report types to select. It is important to note that each report has different filters and datasets and may not contain the same dataset as other report types.
- Once you have selected your report type, you will filter the data by adding criteria to include/exclude certain datasets. Once created, the report will remain in the default grid view.
- To group the data in the grid view, or create a graph of the data, click on "Edit Report Settings", on the top right of the report.
- Once a report is created, it can be saved and categorized for future use. All saved reports will be found in the middle menu from the standard Zen Planner Dashboard.