Users will receive the best performance when utilizing Chrome as their browser.
However, we currently support the recent and major releases of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari as well.
We offer very limited support for Internet Explorer:
- Member Connect: You may be able to access the member connect site (the public & student facing site) with the most recent major release of Internet Explorer, but you may experience significant technical issues when interacting with it.
- Studio Database: You cannot access the studio database (the staff facing side of your Zen Planner database) with any version of Internet Explorer.
Our limited support of Internet Explorer is due to a number of factors, a few of which are listed below.
- Most frequently targeted my hackers: There is a growing set of evidence that using Internet Explorer -- even the most recent versions -- makes you less safe than if you use another browser (like Firefox, Chrome, or Safari). There are many reasons for this, including the fact that Internet Explorer is the most commonly used, but least frequently updated browser. This makes it the biggest target with the biggest potential reward for hackers. Because of this it is widely (and frequently) targeted throughout the hacking community.
- Slow response to security issues: Microsoft issues security patches once a month on what is known as "Patch Tuesday". Patch Tuesday is always the second Tuesday of the month. This means that security flaws that are being actively exploited may take weeks for Microsoft to fix for you, the vulnerable person using the browser. The other major browsers develop and deploy security patches on a rolling basis so they can respond quickly to emerging security issues.
- High-profile security breaches: Many high-profile security breaches, like Operation Clandestine Fox, have occurred because of problems with Internet Explorer. These ongoing issues have prompted many groups to recommend alternative browsers, among them the German government, US Dept. of Homeland Security and the European Union.