Ranks or belts are used to track a student's progress through a martial arts program, such as Taekwondo or Jujitsu. With Zen Planner, you can import your students and link them to a history of all the belts/ranks the student has earned over their lifetime at the school.
Prerequisites for Performing a Ranks Import:
- Programs & their Ranks must already be built out
- People import must be completed, or you have to have manually entered all your students
- Membership import must be completed, or you have to have manually added memberships to all your students
DOWNLOAD THE RANK IMPORT TEMPLATE AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ARTICLE
ALL THE FIELDS IN THE IMPORT FILE ARE REQUIRED & MUST CONTAIN DATA
- First Name
- Last Name
- Program (program must already exists in Zen Planner)
- Rank (rank must already exist within a program in Zen Planner)
- Award Date
PLEASE NOTE: Ranks for a program that a person doesn't have a past, present or future enrollment for WILL NOT be imported.
For example, Tommy used to be in Little Tigers a few years ago in your old system. Now, in Zen Planner, he only has a membership that enrolls him in the Youth/Adult program. If you attempt to import Tommy's old Little Tigers ranks they will fail since he doesn't have a record in Zen Planner of ever having been enrolled in Little Tigers.
If you need to import rank history for people that participated in programs they are no longer currently enrolled in, please speak to your Onboarding Coach or the Onboarding Coordinator for the best way to do this.
- Check your programs and rank mappings in Zen Planner. When the ranks file is being imported, the data that is in the import file is looking for an exact match with the fields that you have built in Zen Planner. This process is very strict, so if your import file uses the rank title "Black Belt - 1 Stripe" but your Zen Planner rank is listed as "Black Belt - Stripe 1" you need to update your file to match what you built in Zen Planner or else the import will fail.
- Remove testing fees from your ranks. If you have set testing fees when you were building out your ranks, you should temporarily remove them if you do not intend to bill your students for importing their ranks. Go to your Setup>Programs and click on the programs that you have entered ranks for and check to see if there are any testing fees. Delete the testing fees and save changes. Once you have finished importing all your ranks, then you can add your testing fees back into the system.
- Check your rank requirements. Make sure that the Required Time Until Next Test and Required Attendance Until Next Test setting in your Program > Ranks page are set correctly. This information is used to identify who is eligible for your upcoming test based on the proposed test date. You will need this information when you import your attendance records for every student.