If you are switching to Zen Planner, and are going to use Advanced Workout Tracking, you may want to import your members' workout results history to ensure a smooth transition between systems. Importing the results history will also allow your members and coaches to make immediate use of past results charting for benchmarks to help guide goal setting for each member.
Here are a few things to keep in mind before you begin this import:
- You must have the Advanced Workout Tracking feature activated in your database. If you do not see a kettlebell icon in your lefthand navigation bar, you will need to reach out to the customer advocate team to request that it be activated.
- You must create all the Measures/Skills and Workouts in your database for which you want to import results. If you attempt to import a result for a Measure/Skill or Workout that doesn't already exist, the system will ignore it and the results will not be imported.
- The person you are trying to import results for must already have a profile created in your database. Anyone included in the import file who doesn't already have a profile will be ignored and their results will not be imported.
What you can Import
Zen Planner allows the import of the most commonly recorded result data currently used in the functional fitness community. You can download the Results History Import Template that is attached to the bottom of this article to see a full listing of the data types you can import and even view some sample data to show you how your data will need to be formatted.
You can import the following data for a result:
- Date the result was recorded
- Sets X Reps and Weight
- Result Value
- Whether is was RX'd
- Whether the result should be made public
- Any notes that were made about the result
Exporting Data from your Old System
To get started, you will first need to export results from your existing or old workout tracking software as a XLS, .CSV or .TXT file. Once you have your data exported, you can open that spreadsheet file in Excel so you can begin editing and formatting the data to be imported into Zen Planner.
If you are having difficulty exporting this data you will need to reach out to the support desk for your existing workout tracking software to request assistance with exporting your data in a usable format.
Formatting your Data for Import
Once you have your data exported, you can open that spreadsheet file in Excel so you can begin editing and reformatting the data to be imported into Zen Planner. It's necessary to review & reformat your data using the Results History Import Template that is attached to the bottom of this article to ensure that your data will correctly upload into your database. This usually requires updating the column headings of your export file to map the data from your file into the correct field in Zen Planner, but may also include changing the format of some data (like numbers, dates and some text fields).
Here are a few tips & tricks for formatting your data to help save you time.
- The FirstName, LastName and FullName Fields - You will want to choose to use EITHER the FirstName and LastName fields OR just use the FullName field. If your export file presents names in a combined "full name" type field, you should save some time and use the FullName field in your import file. If the opposite is true, and your export file already has first name and last name in separate fields, use the FirstName & LastName fields instead.
- The SetsXReps and SetsXRepsWeight Fields - SetsXReps should be used to import results measured in weight ONLY. The SetsXRepsWeight column should be used if your export file has results where the SetsXReps and the skill result are recorded in the same field.
Please send us your import documents when you are ready and we will review and import your information for you.
Phone: 866-541-3570, Monday-Friday (7a-7p mountain time)
If you feel comfortable enough to perform on your own, click here to learn how to import your skill results.