Organizing people in your database into Groups makes it much easier to view and manage your database. It's especially useful when you need to trigger automated emails based on whether or not a person is part of a particular group. You can also use Groups to export data from Zen Planner to a mailing list in MailChimp.
You can view all of the people in each group by clicking the People icon at the top of any page. All of the groups in your database will be listed in the yellow bar on the left side of the page. Clicking on each group will list all of the people in that group.
Adding a Person to a Group
You can manage the groups that each person belongs directly from their personal profile page.
1. Type their name into the Commands & Search box and click on their name in the search results.
2. Click on Edit Personal Info link to open their personal info pop-up
3. Click on the Groups tab. You can check any of the groups listed here, or make a new one by entering text.
Adding Multiple People to a Group
1. Click on the People icon at the top of your screen to display all your current clients.
2. If your report has multiple pages, click on the Show All link to display all your records on the screen.
3. Click on the Select All link to select every client in your database.
4. Click on the Batch Update button to open the People Batch Update Window.
5. From the Batch Update window, click on the Groups Add to: field and select Add Another Item. Type in "Client List" and click OK.
6. From the Batch Update window, click on the Groups Add to: field and select "Client List" and click on Save Changes.
All of your clients have now been added to the Group called "Client List".
Automatically Adding People to a Group
Zen Planner has several tools for adding people into groups automatically, for instance when they sign up for a membership or an event.
Membership Registration Form Used when some signs up for a membership through your member website. This applies to ALL signups from your member website.
Event Registration Form Used when someone registers for an event through your member website. This applies to ALL signups from your member website.
Free Trial Registration Form Used when someone signs up for a free trial class through your member website. This applies to ALL free trials from your member website.
Prospect Registration Form Used when someone fills out the "Request Info" form on your member website.
Individual Membership Options Assigned when you set up a specific membership option. This applies ONLY to a single membership option, but works whether the signup is done on the member website or on the staff website.
Administrators can add and remove groups by going to Setup > Groups. This gives you a listing of the groups currently in your database, along with a total of all the members in each group.