Sometimes you need to change the bill due dates for a membership after it's been created. For example, a member initially signed up to be billed on the 1st of every month on a year-long contract, but after two months of classes, they want to switch to being billed on the 15th of every month, or a membership was initially created with the wrong recurring billing date and it needs to be fixed.
Follow these simple instructions to get their bills back on track:
- Go to the member's profile and click on the link for the current membership in the upper right hand corner of their profile.
- Next, click on the pencil icon to the right of the Billing section, then click on the edit link next to Billing Summary on the next screen.
- In the popup menu, update the field First Bill Date to reflect the new billing date.
- To update future bills only, set the field Which Bills? at the bottom of the popup menu to "Only Bills After" and select the date after which you want this change to happen. If you need to change the bill due dates for all the bills (past, current & future), then select "All Bills".
- Click Save Changes to finalize and update the membership's bills.
- After the system processes the changes, review the bllls to make sure that the changes you intended to make are present.