- Single Schedule vs. Multiple Schedules; review the recommendations for each before you start adding classes.
- Go to Setup > Programs > Classes to add & manage recurring classes on your schedule.
Zen Planner organizes your recurring weekly schedule using classes. Each class brings together a roster of enrolled students and an instructor at a specific date, time, and location. Zen Planner groups classes into programs, with each class belonging to one and only one program.
Classes are usually organized by skill level, age group or subject matter. If you have more than one location, it may be easier to open a separate database for each location instead of listing each class multiple times on the calendar. Ask our customer service team for more information on how to set up multiple locations under one group account.
To manage the classes in your database, go to Setup > Programs > Classes, which lets you change settings for the overall class. The Class Setup page is divided into three sections or tabs:
- Schedule - Lets you create more than one schedule for the same class
- Memberships - Lets you select which memberships should include this class.
- IMPORTANT: You must have at least one membership selected. Once selected, Zen Planner will automatically add this class to anyone who is currently registered with that membership.
- Online - Lets you manage how students register for this class from the member connect site.
Options for Structuring Your Class Schedule
Use the criteria listed below to decide which class schedule structure to use.
- Single Schedule Use the default single schedule tool if your recurring class meets any of the following requirements:
- A specific group of members will have access to a class which only recurs on an particular day & time.
- The class will have online reservation settings or limits different from any other class.
- Free Trial Registration options will be unique to a class which only recurs on a particular day & time.
- Settings for Drop In Registrations (allowing drop in's &/or pricing structure) will be unique to a particular class day & time.
- Multiple Schedules Use the multiple schedules tool if your class meets any of the following requirements:
- The same group of members can attend the class at different times and days during the week.
- The class will have online reservation settings or limits that apply to all recurring days & times.
- Free Trial Registration options apply to a class on all recurring days & times.
- Settings for Drop In Registrations (allowing drop in's &/or pricing structure) will be applied to all class days & times.
Single Schedule is the main, or default, setting when you click the +Add a Class link. You will be able to specify a class to occur on multiple days of the week, but only one time of day, duration, room, staff and assistant staff.
To activate the Multiple Schedules function you must first create and save your first class as a single schedule. When you click back into that class from the Classes menu, you will now see the blue clickable Multiple Schedules link next to the Schedule Details heading. After you click that link, your existing class schedule will collapse into a single line with a link to +Add a New Schedule beneath it.
Click on the +Add a New Schedule link to launch the popup menu where you will enter the information for the next schedule for this class. Enter the details for the class schedule and Save Changes.
As you create these additional schedules, they will be added to the list on the class's main screen.
If you ever need to revert a class back to a single schedule, you can click the blue (use single schedule) link to delete the additional schedules.