This article will help walk you through how to find the tax total collected for your business for your desired amount of time.
- Begin by clicking, Dashboard > New Report in the upper left-hand corner.
- There are two report types you can choose from. If you only charge tax on Retail Items, choose Bills (Retail Store Processed Only). If you charge tax on both Retail Items and Services, choose the Bills report option.
- Once the report type is selected, you can use the criteria to narrow down the date range. For example, if you are looking for all taxes paid from the previous year, you can set the criteria to “Paid Date // is // last year”.
- Once you have all the bills that were paid in the desired timeframe displayed, you will need to display the tax amounts collected on the report. To do this, click Edit Report Settings in the upper right-hand corner.
- Under Columns, you will select the columns that you want added to the report. Generally, Service Tax will be under Tax Amt and Retail Tax will be under Tax 2 Amt. Place a check next to the columns you would like to display and click Refresh Report.
- You can now scroll to the bottom of the report to see a summary of the taxes you collected.