What you will need:
Here is an example of how it must appear.
STEP 1. Login to Facebook as a Facebook Developer
- Visit https://developers.facebook.com/apps. (You’ll be able to login with your normal Facebook credentials.)
- Next, you’ll create and name a new tab that will eventually show up on your Facebook page.
- Click on register now (green button upper right corner)
- Create a Facebook for Developers account
- Fill out App Information
- Select Owner/Founder Then Select “Add Your First Product”
STEP 2. Create App
On the left sidebar, select ‘Settings’ and then select ‘Basic’
- Add a name for the App (ex. If you’re adding Membership, you can call the app “Membership.”)
- Add the domain it’s going to be pulling from (Should be zenplanner.com)
- Click on ‘+Add Platform’.
STEP 3. Add Platform
- Select ‘Page Tab’ from the “Select Platform” box.
- Add the URL of the page you want to embed. At the end of that URL add: ?&frame=true (*There should be no space between the end of the URL and the additional text.)
- Name the tab as it will appear on your Facebook page
Scroll down and select ‘Save Changes’.
STEP 4 Edit App
Copy this URL: http://www.facebook.com/dialog/pagetab?app_id=YOUR_APP_ID&next=YOUR_URL
Before pasting it into your browser, you will need to add a few things.
- Add your app id – you can find this at the top of your page.
- Add the URL that you put into your page tab.
- Make sure this is ‘ON’.
Your URL should look something like this:
Once you have your URL, paste it into a browser window. You should see something similar to this:
Click the drop-down and select your page that you want to add it to.
Now when you go to your Facebook page you will see the membership tab and the embed.
**NOTE: This tab will not show up on mobile devices. This is a restriction of Facebook**
For this, we recommend adding a “Sign Up” button to your Facebook home page.
Step 1: Facebook Button
You will see in the image below that you can add a button to your facebook page. Simply click on it and you can start editing it.
Step 2: Button Setup
After you click “Add a Button” you will get a popup displayed that gives you a few options.
First, select ‘Contact you’ next you will select ‘Sign Up’ and then click Next.
After you click next it will take you to Step 2 of adding the button. Here we will add the website link. Click on ‘Website Link’ and add the url to your member connect/calendar page.
Once that is added, click ‘Finish’. That’s it! When someone clicks on the ‘Sign Up’ button on a mobile device it will take them straight to your membership page within member connect.