As a Zen Planner database owner you will want to make sure that your account is set up accurately so that you & any other business stakeholders (co-owners, general managers, etc) have appropriate access to the account & database.
Any time you have questions about how to manage your database owner profiles, please reach out to our support team for assistance.
First, Make Sure the Locked Database Owner Profile is Set Up Correctly
When you first signed up with ZP, your salesperson would have set you up with a single locked database owner profile. This is usually the person who demo'd the software or who made the initial payment for the software.
Who should be the locked database owner? - The legal business owner or in the case of multiple owners we can set up multiple locked database owner profiles upon request.
The locked database owner profile has the following unique privileges & properties:
- Canceling Zen Planner - Only a locked database owner can request to cancel your Zen Planner database
- Making Changes to Your Zen Planner Membership - Locked database owners are the only people who can manage your Zen Planner membership, including requesting or managing an Annual Contract agreement
- Profile Details & Privileges Cannot be Altered or Deleted - Locked means that no one except a Zen Planner staff member can make changes to that profile. This is to protect the legal owner of a business from having their privileges or access to Zen Planner restricted or revoked by another database owner in the event of a dispute.
- Request the Creation of Other Locked Database Owner Profiles - All requests to create additional locked database owner profiles must come directly from an existing locked database owner in your database.
- Changes in Zen Planner Account Ownership - A locked database owner is the only person who can request that the Zen Planner account & database be transferred to a new owner.
- Templating/Copying Your Current Database to Create a New Location - If you are opening a new location, creating a franchise location, or just helping another fellow business owner get set up quickly, as a locked database owner you can request that Zen Planner copy or template over specific elements of your database (classes, membership options, retail products, etc) to reduce or even eliminate the build-out time for a new database.
If the locked database owner profile was set up incorrectly, please reach out to our support team or speak to your onboarding coach.
Second, Review your Password Policies
Database owners should always have their own login & password and it should NEVER be shared with anyone (not even another owner). This policy should apply to all staff members, but due to the level of access that database owners have they should always guard their passwords to prevent damage to the business.
Here are some of the sensitive functions that database owners have access to:
- Deleting client data, including payments and billing information
- Changing the payment gateway to link to a different merchant account causing transactions to be deposited into a different business bank account
- Deleting other staff members (only the locked database owner is protected from changes & deletion)
- Changing the access or privileges of other staff members (only the locked database owner is protected from changes & deletion)
- Exporting client data
- The locked database owner is the only one who can make changes to your ZP database membership
- The locked database owner is the only one who can cancel your ZP database and close your ZP account
Third, Know When to Contact Zen Planner
1 - You're Selling the Business
If you are selling your business remember to reach out to Zen Planner to transfer ownership of your Zen Planner account to the new owner. Account ownership & the locked database owner account can only be changed by Zen Planner.
This process is quick & easy if the old business owner is engaged in the process, but it can become very time consuming and difficult if the old business owner is no longer available to help with the transition.
IF THE BUSINESS HAS ALREADY BEEN SOLD AND THE FORMER OWNER(S) ARE NO LONGER INVOLVED OR REACHABLE, PLEASE REACH OUT TO OUR SUPPORT TEAM AS SOON AS POSSIBLE FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO PROCEED WITH THE ZP DATABASE OWNERSHIP CHANGE WITHOUT THE PREVIOUS OWNER'S ASSISTANCE
2 - You're Making Changes to the Business Owner Lineup or General Managers
When you are getting ready to exit an owner or high-level manager, we can help you make sure that you are 'retiring' former owner & manager profiles effectively. If you are taking on a new business owner and need to create a locked database owner profile for them we can walk you through the process.
3- A Locked Database Owner is Legally Changing Their Name
If you have updated your business license or other official business ownership documents to reflect a recent legal name change, make sure you reach out to ZP support to make the same updates to your locked database owner profile. This ensures that if a dispute arises with a co-owner or during the sale of the business any legal documents ZP may need to review to establish current database ownership won't be delayed while trying to resolve discrepancies with the names of listed owners.