This help document walks you through the basic setup that is needed in order to utilize the prospect funnel.
Zen Planner's Prospect Funnel is designed to help you organize and follow up with leads to make sure that no prospect falls through the cracks. It also ensures that you and your staff follow the same trackable outreach process for every new prospect. The prospect funnel utilizes different prospect statuses and moving a prospect from one status to the next will trigger a specific automation once the funnel is fully set up. Our clients who have used the prospect funnel have drastically increased their sales every month.
Please note that the prospect funnel can be customized to reflect your current lead process. If you need any help on how to customize it to your current process, reach out to our Support Team.
BASIC PROSPECT FUNNEL SETUP
Widget/Request Info Set-Up
1. Double-check that the lead capture widget or request info form (depending on which you are using) is set to "Source is Website".
If you don't have either form currently set up in your database, reach out to our Support Team.
Lead Capture Widget
Request Info Form
Setting up Lookup Codes
3. Select "Prospect Status" and edit the existing Prospect Statuses to reflect the status list below. You can add more rows by selecting the "Add Another Label" option.
- New Prospect
- Call 1 No Answer - VM
- Call 2 No Answer - VM
- Trial Booked
- Trial Attended
- Not Interested
Setting up Automations
5. Make sure that the following automations are INACTIVE (red) in your database.
**Please note** - If these automations are turned on, it will result in duplicate emails/alerts.
- Class Confirmation (Free Trial) - Email
- Class Reminder (Free Trial) - Email
- First Class - Email
- Free Trial - Staff Task
- New Prospect - Staff Task
6. Scroll down to the prospect funnel section of the automations
If you need any help on how to customize them to your current process, reach out to our Support Team.
You will need to click into each automation and set specific automation criteria before activating them.
**Please note** - if this step is missed, these automations will not fire out correctly.
Here is a list of the change you need to make for each prospect funnel automation (please reach out to our Support Team if you have customized any of these automations to reflect your sales process)
- Stage 1: Inquiry Confirmation - Prospect Email - set prospect source to "Website"
- Stage 1: New Prospect - Staff Task - set prospect source to "Website"
- Stage 2: Call 1 Voicemail - Prospect Email - set prospect status to "Call 1 No Answer - VM"
- Stage 2: Call 2 Reminder - Staff Task - set prospect status to "Call 1 No Answer - VM"
- Stage 2: Call 2 Voicemail - Prospect Email - set prospect status to "Call 2 No Answer - VM"
- Stage 2: No Response - Staff Task - set prospect status to "Call 2 No Answer - VM"
- Stage 3: Trial Confirmation - Prospect Email - set prospect status to "Trial Booked"
- Stage 3: Trial Confirmation - Staff Task - set prospect status to "Trial Booked"
- Stage 3: Trial Reminder - Prospect Email - set prospect status to "Trial Booked"
- Stage 4: Post-Trial - Prospect Email - set prospect status to "Trial Attended"
- Stage 4: Post-Trial Follow Up - Staff Task - set prospect status to "Trial Attended"
- Stage 4: Post-Trial No Response - Staff Task - set prospect status to "Trial Attended"
7. Edit the messages
Click into each automation and click "Open message template editor" to view and edit the pre-populated message template.
The text highlighted in yellow indicates additional setup required. If you have gone through all of the steps in this help document, this setup should be complete, but double-check before removing these warnings on each template.
We highly recommend customizing the language of these templates so that they are in alignment with your business brand.
You will also want to make sure that each task is assigned to the appropriate staff member. You will see this option at the bottom of the document template for each task. Right now, the default is set to the primary instructor. If there is no primary instructor designated on the prospect's profile, this task will be sent to the staff with the locked account in Zen Planner.
8. Activate the automations
The last step is to check the Activate box to enable the automation. Upon activation, the automation will retroactively fire for any triggering events from the past two days and for anything moving forward.