Together with PaySimple, our team has designed time-saving payment features for your business. Customers processing with WorldPay are able to view payment deposit dates, as well as issue partial refunds directly from your Zen Planner account.
For in-depth directions on how to do a full credit card refund in Zen Planner, please see the help document called How to Refund a Payment.
How to Complete a Partial Refund
To issue a partial refund for a specific payment in Zen Planner:
- Go to the member's profile for whom you'd like to issue the partial refund
- Click Financial > View Payments
- Click the payment you want to refund
- Click "Refund Payment" under Admin Actions (right side of page)
- Select "Partial Refund" under Refund Type
- Choose a Refund Reason
- Leave "Add Return Fee" checkbox unchecked
- NOTE: only check this box if you want to charge the member an additional fee (ex: for the convenience of issuing a refund back to them). If that's the case, checkmark the box, and put the dollar amount for the fee you wish to charge the member.
- Feel free to put anything in the "Notes" section for your own reference
- For the bill at the bottom, put the dollar amount in the box on the right of the amount you actually wish to refund back to the member
- NOTE: The amount you put in the box cannot surpass what is in the "PAID" column.
- Click "Submit Refund"
- A refund confirmation prompt will appear; click "OK"
- You'll then receive a confirmation that the refund has been processed:
The member can expect the funds back in their account in 1-3 business days.
The bill will now have a PARTIAL payment status. If you did a partial refund because the member was charged too much for that bill, then you'll need to change the bill amount.
For example, let's say the bill was $50, and the member paid $50. However, the member was only supposed to pay $40. You follow the steps above to partially refund $10 back to the member. Now, the bill for $50 has a $40 payment towards it, which shows it as PARTIAL instead of PAID or UNPAID. To change the bill to be worth $40 and, therefore, fully paid, go to the member's Financial section on the left > click View All Bills > click into the bill in question > change the unit price from $50 to $40 > Save Changes.
How to View Transaction Deposit Dates
You can view the deposit date for all transactions in a Payments report. To access the Payments report go to Dashboard > New Report > Payments. The Deposit Date column will show the dates for when you can expect to see money deposited into your business bank account. For credit card transactions, this will usually be 2-3 business days from the Payment Date column. For bank account (ACH) transactions, this will be 3-5 business days.
Keep in mind that this is an estimation of the date that WorldPay (PaySimple's primary processor) will deposit these funds to you. If you run into any issues with any deposits, please contact PaySimple, and they can help diagnose what might be causing the delay.
Please note that data in the Deposit Date section will populate one day after the Payment Date and only for transactions after the date you were converted to the new PaySimple Payments API.
- The "Void Payment" button has been removed for issuing refunds for credit card transactions specifically. The "Refund Payment" button will act as your one source for issuing money back to the member or preventing it from going through in the first place; Zen Planner takes care of that login in the backend.
- The partial refund capability only applies to credit card transactions that occurred after your migration to the new PaySimple Payments API. You would have received an email titled "Partial payments and deposit statements are live!" on the date your were migrated. To partially refund a bank account (ACH) transaction, you will still need to take additional steps in Zen Planner to reflect the partial refund and log into the PaySimple portal to actually issue the funds back to the customer.
- Once you are converted to the new PaySimple Payments API:
- All businesses should issue credit card refunds (full and partial) in Zen Planner software. You will still see historical transaction data in the PaySimple portal from before your conversion date if you need to reference it.
- You will still be able to access the PaySimple portal to issue refunds for ACH transactions.
- The WorldPay portal called IQ will be your resource for viewing/reporting on transaction data, retrieving your monthly processing statements, and disputing chargebacks for credit cards. Please contact PaySimple directly for more information on or access to that portal.